[Companion] Need update for Firefox 2.0 alpha ("Bon Echo")
Jim Reisert AD1C
2006-03-22 17:01:21 UTC
Can the Yahoo! Companion be updated to work with Firefox 2.0 Alpha ("Bon
Echo"):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8)
Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1

Apparently it only works to version 1.6+

Thanks - Jim

USA +978-251-9933, <***@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
Jim Reisert AD1C
2006-03-22 17:34:15 UTC
I found out how to modify the install.rdf file. I changed the max version to
2.0 and it seems to work fine.

- Jim
Post by Jim Reisert AD1C
Can the Yahoo! Companion be updated to work with Firefox 2.0 Alpha ("Bon
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8)
Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1
Apparently it only works to version 1.6+
Have you tried overriding the app version to test it?
USA +978-251-9933, <***@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
Jim Reisert AD1C
2006-03-22 18:09:02 UTC
I don't know if you are aware, but Firefox has a preference that allows
you to install old extensions. In "about:config", create a new
preference named "app.extensions.version" and set it to a supported
version (e.g., "1.5.0"). It does not change any other behaviour.
That was easier than what I tried. I searched google but didn't find this.

Adblock+ and Tab Browser Prefs. still seem to work with this Firefox version.